Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mistake

I have a staff
Her name is Annie
She was very clumsy
She has been working with me and my business partner for a month
Throughout one month she can't even make a pancake
Even my partner taught her thousand times
how to make a pancake
it is very simple and easy
Everyone can do it.
He always demonstrate how to make a pancake
demonstrate it very specific
and he said "this is how easy it is, now you make it for me and make sure it's same like I taught you earlier"

Yet, she still failed, failed and failed
until  my partner give up on her

Today,
I ask my partner to go out
and let me take care the stall
I came to Annie and said
"let's play a game called making pancake
You see how I make it for you one time
and you make one for me
you are feel free to make as many mistakes as you want
since boss is not here yet
lets finish the flour mixture
We got a lot to be wasted"

Surprisingly,
She made a very perfect pancake for me
without failed at all
I was shocked
She was more shocked than me either

However now I know the reason Annie can do very well
Because I am giving her chance to make as many mistakes as she wants
cause we are just human after all
Making mistake is very normal
No matter how well we do things in our lives
still there is point when we screw up
People make mistakes
many people stop trying
some of them keep trying but repeat the same mistake over and over again
but only few keep trying but change the approach and strategy until meet the success

For parents, teachers, and you
who never let yourself or your kids and your students make mistake
think again
because the mistakes that we make
can lead us to a bigger goal
can build us to become a better individual
as what Thomas Edison said

I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded
is another step forward

Thanks for giving few minutes of your time
to read my post
I wish you learn something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment